Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Life, My Music, This Is Who I Am



‎"Music does bring people together. It allows us to experience the same emotions. People everywhere are the same in heart and spirit. No matter what language we speak, what color we are, the form of our politics or the expression of our love and our faith, music proves: We are the same." ~John Denver

I saw the quote above today, and I loved it. I always found that in the military and life in general, I was always able to fit in and relate to almost anyone through my love of music. Music bridges gaps that no politician ever could. In Trace Adkins' song Songs About Me, he talks about a fella coming to one of his shows, and even though he isn't much on country music, he realizes that the songs speak on who he is as a person. I think anyone who is in tune with who they are has a few songs that they feel describe them as a person. With me they come from all genres. I could make the list a mile long, because I'm a very diverse person. But if I wanted to show a complete stranger who I was through music, here are a few that would scratch the surface. Enjoy this sneak peak into my soul:





 





























Diverse enough for ya? Well, I could go on all day with this... I guess yall have gotten to see enough of who I am. I hope yall keep coming back for more. What songs tell your life story? And the beat goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment