Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Take This Job And Shove It!!!

I'll never forget the first time I got to tell a boss that I quit. I was working on base in San Diego at a gas station for extra money while I was in the Marines. I enjoyed all my coworkers, and even my manager was really nice, but I had an assistant manager from hell. Well, one day I had a big night planned so I asked for the night off. My manager said no problem and told me to take the next day off as well. The big night was a blast and I was sound asleep in my bed when the phone rings. I look at the clock, it's 7am and I'm hungover. I answer the phone to hear the voice of a woman I can't stand, my assistant manager. She needs me to come in because of some sort of screw up on the schedule. As I'm informing her that I have the day off and I'm not gonna be coming in, she just keeps getting bitchier. So I kindly inform her that she can work the register, and that she can also shove that job where the sun don't shine. Man, did that ever feel good!

Well, on the web today I came across two pretty cool stories about people quitting their jobs. The first was a gay flight attendant that apparently had enough:

       Steven Slater, who was working on a Jet Blue flight at New York's Kennedy International     Airport, was apparently the subject verbal abuse from a passenger who tried to prematurely retrieve his luggage.

       As a result, Slater, 38, took to the aircraft's internal intercom where he made a public retort to the passenger, saying something akin to: "To the f***ing a**hole who told me to f**k off, it's been a good 28 years. I've had it. That's it!" – according to a source.

      He then activated the plane's emergency slide, grabbed a beer from the beverage cart and alighted the carrier – much to the surprise of the remaining passengers and fellow crew.



Man, that's classic. I love the slide and  beer part.


To top it all off, when the cops came to arrest this guy, he was BANGING HIS BOYFRIEND! Must of been the heat of the moment. So, that guy was pretty epic, but this next chick is just as awesome, just not as reckless. I found this story over on The Chive. Her name is Jenny and she quit her job by sending all of her fellow employees an email containing these pics:





































That had to be the best email she ever sent. I hope she finds a job soon. As far as this post goes... I QUIT!!!!



Update 8/13/10: The girl quitting her job via email turned out to be a hoax!

No comments:

Post a Comment