Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Mind's Playin' Tricks On Me

What's the best nation in the world? Imagination. Anyone who grew up without siblings can attest to this. I know I passed many a country day in my head. My Legos were buildings and spaceships. My cousin and I hunted tin cans with B.B. guns, but in our mind, we were stalking deer and boar. Every ramp I built was part of some elaborate Evil Knievel stunt or an X-games competition. I tell you one thing, imagination will cure boredom for a lifetime.

Imagination is the vehicle of progress and invention. Where would we be as a society and technology wise without the imagination and motivation of people such as Archimedes, Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, and Bill Gates? The scary thing is we only use a small part of are brains. If we could ever fully harness the power of our brains there is no limit to what we could accomplish.

So just how strong is the human mind? Can the mind be convinced that objects exist even though we can't see them? We know this to be a fact. Gravity, Wind, and God are all widely excepted theories because people have convinced themselves that they exist based on the way they effect our daily lives and the rhetoric of our peers. Faith is believing without seeing. So in a world where we've become accustomed to believing things simply because someone told us they exist, we may have in fact set ourselves up for failure. To be such a strong organ,the brain is easily tricked...



Isn't that amazing? That clip is by far easily one of the best social and psychological experiments I have ever witnessed. Now witness one of the greatest rap songs ever written:



Sorry, I couldn't do this article without this song. It just fit too well. Man I miss old school rap.

No comments:

Post a Comment